Pension Transfer Gold Standard Advice
The Gold Standard is a voluntary code of good practice for safeguarded and defined benefit pension transfer advice, based around a set of principles. It has been established by The Pensions Advice Taskforce, a representative industry body set up by the Personal Finance Society*.
We have signed up to adopt and promote this standard and the principles, so our clients can better understand and find good advice, and be confident that the firm they are dealing with is going beyond minimum requirements when giving financial advice.
The nine principles
- Helping clients understand when advice is appropriate
- Ensuring advice given supports the clients overall wellbeing in the context of their stated objectives
- Ensuring client understanding and acceptance of all charges
- Ensuring the most appropriate and updated technical skills are applied
- Transparent management of Conflicts of Interest
- Helping clients understanding the cost of transferring benefits
- Avoiding unregulated investments and introducers*
- Transparency in advice processes and outcomes
- Promoting the Consumer Guide to the Pension Transfer Gold Standard
To understand more about the Pension Transfer Gold Standard Advice logo, you will find more information here Pension Transfer Gold Standard Logo Consumer Guide
*The Personal Finance Society is the professional body for the financial advisory profession in the UK, whose role is to promote ethical behaviour, high standards of professionalism for technical knowledge and client service for the ultimate benefit of the profession and consumer alike. It is part of the
Chartered Insurance Institute, the world’s largest professional body dedicated to insurance and personal finance that seeks to ‘secure and justify the confidence of the public’.